Monday, September 7, 2015

It may not be ART, but it sure is fun!

The crazy new phenomenon of Adult Coloring books is so funny and interesting. I did not know it existed until a few weeks ago, when I walked into Barnes & Noble for the first time in a very long time.  They were everywhere, and everyone was talking about them. I couldn't believe it.  How did this happen without me knowing about it?  It seems to have taken over the world.  There have been several magazine and newspaper articles mentioning it, as the new way of relaxing and getting relief from the technical world. Very good therapy, they all say.  I think I have to agree.

Since then I have ordered a few on Amazon.com, bought a few here and there, dug out all my markers and pencils, and started having a great time with it. Yes, I admit, I have even bought a few more sets of pencils and markers, and am eyeing even more books.

Yesterday a friend took me out for a belated birthday breakfast, and then we went to Barnes & Noble and got all inspired once again.  We came home and spent several hours coloring.  The time flew by, and we had a very relaxing afternoon.  My kitchen table was loaded down with supplies.
 
I have only bought 5 books so far, and these 3 seem to be my favorites. I like the Posh brand ones as they are about the size of composition books. For some reason, I like that size.  I have started several pages in both of the Posh books.
 
 
A page I finished yesterday. I used markers, Prismacolor pencils, Gel pens in both glaze and soufflĂ© style. The gel pens get a raised embossed look, even though it does not show up on a photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment