Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy, Merry, Cozy Week-end

Merry Christmas to Y'all. Whatever you're doing, wherever you are, however you celebrate.

Our weatherman forecasts a "wintry mix" for tonight. It's 41 right now with a wind chill of 38. I like it! It's 65 inside, I'm bundled up in sweater/scarf/tall boots. Cozy. Candles burning. Me listening to Led Zepplin and Simon and Garfunkel.

A couple of neighbors stopped by with baked goods, I delivered a few myself. There's a neighborhood block party/open house later tonight. We'll stroll down for a hot drink.

Not a lot of decorating done around here, but hubby and I both had an artsy/crafty day yesterday. He's hiding something in the garage that he's been working on. He raided my Tim Holtz drawer of supplies, and made off with handfulls of stuff. Well, yes I said he could use whatever he wanted....I am afraid.

Today is my parents 69th wedding anniversary. Will call them in awhile. As a kid, we always opened our family gifts on Christmas Eve, then Mom and Dad went out dancing. Christmas morning we trekked 35 miles to Grandmas house, with all the Aunts and Uncles and many cousins. Forever, all the days of my childhood. Good memories.

2 comments:

  1. It was down to about 16ยบ last night but sunny and warming up to the mid 50's today. I might bake some cookies or make some fudge later today but I don't plan on doing too much.

    We always opened our presents on Christmas morning and then went to Grandma's for dinner with the family. Long ago memories but still bright and clear in my mind.

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to neighbor's for some wassail sounds nice - then back home to a nice cozy pair of slippers & some jammies.
    Merry Christmas Eve, y'all.

    ReplyDelete