Wednesday, November 19, 2014

East Austin Studio tour 2014

Another busy week-end with East Austin Art Studio tour. We went out both days, but we did take it a little bit easy on ourselves. Me especially, since I have been having hip and knee issues and they tend to get worse with cold damp weather.  It was cold and rainy both days, and windy.  We chose locations where there were multiple artists to cut down on being out in the weather so much. Several places we went had big fire bowls or pits burning, so we ended up smelling like woodsmoke, but we didn't mind. Every place we went was very crowded so I guess the weather didn't keep people away. The tour has gotten so big they now have it two week-ends. And guess what, the forecast says there will be rain again this week-end. We need all the rain we can get, so no one complains about it.  I still feel bad for some of the artists who are outside in a tent, trying to keep their wares dry or from blowing away.

Pump Project building.  At least 30 artists here, I lost count.

 
Art on fence at Pump Project
 


Quilt in one of the hallways.  Not pieced, all one fabric, quilted.  I love the colors and the birds. It is not cool to take photos of peoples artwork, but the quilter told me this is just the way the fabric came, she just quilted it.
 
Keeping with my love of gray and of texture, I shot this photo out one of the upstairs windows, of the wet and worn tarpaper roof.

In another neighborhood, I love the colors they used on this house, and the hanging metal on the porch.



2 comments:

  1. Another busy week-end for you! And how lucky to be getting some rain. I wish we could get some out here. It's drier than dry!

    That blue hanging sculpture is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your blog. I love reading it but have missed a few of them. I really like the picture of the tarpaper!

    ReplyDelete