Thursday, February 26, 2015

She who works well under pressure

Well, I finally did a wee bit of artsy stuff and boy did it feel good! I've been running in circles for the past two months, and had not taken any time for making art. I did not even start a new journal this year, even though I had gotten supplies out and they have sat on my worktable all this time.

I've known all week that today would be my last day at physical therapy, and I thought it would be nice to take a little something to my therapist. But did I do anything about it, nope...  It kept percolating in my brain, even though I didn't know quite what I would do.  I knew it had to be something quick and simple. Finally last night about 7 p.m. I started running around like Chicken Little for awhile and almost gave up. But then  I grabbed a box of already in progress Artist Trading cards, but couldn't find a glue stick or an ink pad that was not dried up.  Yikes...I need to purge some supplies and reorganize what's left.  Anyhow, here's what I ended up with. Nothing to write home about, but it sure was nice to do something. Now that I am home, I need to clean up the mess I made while throwing things around.  The bottom line is, now I am jazzed about making stuff and am going to continue to finish some ATCs and maybe even start working on that journal. Sometimes all you need to do is say the heck with chores and things that have to be done and just MAKE TIME to create.  I know all this, why do I keep forgetting it?
The middle one is for Scott, my therapist.  Left and right are for Melissa the office gal, and Mariah the assistant, who loves owls.

6 comments:

  1. small steps are the best, they look wonderful and you thought of others, yippee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I'm going to be making more of these ATCs. E-mail me your address if you'd like one. I don't think I have it. The cards were well received.

      Delete
  2. These are really cool looking for being thrown together.
    Did they love them? I bet so!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Well, they were already partly made so I didn't have to start from scratch. Def. will be making some more though! Yes, they liked them.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy to see you creating again! Your cards look great and I'm sure the recipients loved them. It's good to share our art with others. I need to do more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Janet, I am going to try to keep it up. Now if I can just stay out of my own way! HaHa

    You share your art with others so well on your blog! And I do happen to have a couple of your cards hanging in my gallery. :-)

    ReplyDelete