Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's another Fruity Week around here!

Here's what's on the menu for this week. Lots of salads and even more fruit.


Ice cold watermelon with just a scattering of sea salt.


A whole box of apricots. I like to slice them and toss with some raspberries in a bowl of Greek yogurt. When they are really ripe, hubby smashes them and spreads on a slice of sourdough toast. Also very good to substitute peaches for the apricots, but the peaches at the market were hard a rock so passed on those for now. I have a hard time getting enough protein anyhow, as I am not a big meat eater, but this time of year when it is so hot, even a harder time. So we have been making lots of protein smoothies, with blueberries, and bananas. I am overdosing on fruit this time of summer, but I guess there are worse things.

1 comment: