Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm such a dizzy dame!

Well, I don't usually answer when the hubster calls me that, but all this week it has been perfectly appropriate. I started having some vertigo on Sunday when out and about, just thought I'd turned my head too quickly. Have been suffering from summer allergies and that sometimes messes me up, so didn't think much of it. I had a few more episodes on Monday, let me tell you, when the room spins round and the furniture breaks up in little segments, it's a weird feeling. Both my Father,Aunt and Sister suffer from Menieres disease....so the first thing I think, is that I may have it too. I did all the things I think I need to do....the dreaded Neti-Pot first, and it helped. Then the Neil-Med sinus rinse...and a Benydryl before bed. YAY! I'm all better on Tuesday morning. No dizziness all that day or evening. Then Wed. morning I wake up and turn over in the bed and the room is spinning again. I rarely talk about my ailments, and I have a few chronic ones. Mostly, I just deal with them. But this is something new, and if I can't get it to go away, I am going to have to see the ENT doc again,and that will involve another round of tests, etc. So I am trying all the home remedies and hoping it will clear up on it's own. Sis gave me advice on what she does when hers flares up. Number one, cut back on coffee...OH NO!!!
Speaking of coffee, here is a card I made a couple of weeks ago for one of my favorite baristas who just got his own store to manage.



And while I was there visiting, I bought these new cups, the first cups I have bought in about 6-7 years. Everyone always seems to have too many coffee cups, and I am no exception, but I will get rid of 3 to make room for these. I could not resist my favorite greenish color on the little tea cup, nor the unusual handle on the white one. The other one is double walled, keeps the coffee hot, and your hand cool. Bought 2 of those.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no....I hope you're feeling better. Love the new cups, especially that white one.

    ReplyDelete