Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Texas Book Festival

I spent yesterday recovering from two fun filled days at the Texas Book Festival, a yearly event that I eagerly anticipate. We get to hear a lot of authors speak about the books that they have written the previous year, plus purchase books, hear great music from local musicians, and hang out at the capitol and grounds. All this is free to the public, it's a wonderful family friendly atmosphere. The weather could not have been more perfect, Lows in the 50's Highs in the 70's to low 80's. My kind of fall weather. The reward for having suffered through all those triple digits for the past few months. I even got to take a little nap on the capitol lawn, until a squirrel started dropping nuts on my head.

This place was centrally located for Hubby to make several stops at during the w/e.


Besides hearing authors speak, gathering ephemera,I humored myself by taking photos of some of the gorgeous boots I saw people wearing. I also photo'ed a lot of peoples dogs, but won't show those, at least not now.
Love your boots Margie


Wimberley boots


Suede and tied


Bag and boots of the lovely, sweet & talented Patricia Vonne

1 comment: