Friday, March 12, 2010

Crash and Burn

My hard drive crashed a few days ago. I've been attempting to use the laptop to check e-mails and post. Where is the darn CURSES key????? I am not good with a laptop...Hub has a superfast computer and sensitive. I barely breathe on the keys and they take off on their own! I should find out today if they are able to retrieve the data from my hard drive. Thankfully I had stored a lot of stuff on an external drive. However....TONS of my photos were stored on my desktop with no backup. NOT a smart thing to do. But the repairman told me not to feel too bad, that he stores his on his desktop too. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it can be retrieved. They told me if they could not do it, there is a company that they can send it off to, but it would most likely be very costly. The time has come to buy a new computer, and I knew it was overdue. Sure wish I'd done it last week though, instead of this week. Although, like I've said before, most of us don't replace things until the old one breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment