Sunday, October 17, 2010

Coming out of the fog.

I'm recovering nicely from surgery. I can type with only one hand as my left arm is trussed up in a sling. Remember I said I was preparing to sleep for 3 or 4 days straight? When I woke up from the surgery I could hear my hubby and the nurse talking, scheduling my physical therapy evaluation for the next morning. YIKES! I got home from the hospital at 8 p.m. on Wednesday and was in physical therapy at 9:15 the next morning. That was a bit of a rough day, then day two I felt a little better. Yesterday I felt like I got hit with a ton of bricks. Besides going to PT every single day for 2 weeks, I have exercises to do at home, every two hours. So much for my plan of enjoying a lot of sleep. Let's see, I can sleep for two hours, do my routine, then sleep for another 2 hours. I haven't eaten much, have no appetite, but at least this time I didn't get nauseous and throw up for days. They gave me something extra in my I.V. to prevent that. Even though I am in quite a bit of discomfort, it is still not as bad as the pain was before I had the surgery, so I know it is going to get better bit by bit. Well, I've used up some of my sleep time writing this, and my pain pills are kicking in, so it's back to bed for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that it went ok. Having PT every day must be a drag though. And the every two hours exercising doesn't sound like a lot of fun either. But if it all makes you feel better in the end, then it's worth it.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete