Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a Full time JOB

Today was my fourth session in physical therapy. I've had 3 different therapists so far. Emily is a tiny little thing, but very strong. The exercises she has had me do have seemed very easy, but her massage technique is very good. The second day I had Aaron, and he is a bruiser! I recall him from before, when I went there for therapy with my broken ankle. He really worked me over, and pushed me way beyond what I thought I was ready for, and it hurt. But I felt better afterwards. All three days I have come home and taken a long nap though. Today I had Robert, and he is very gentle, didn't work me nearly as hard as Aaron did, but his manipulation technique was pretty intense. I was feeling a lot of pain, but also had more energy than I have had any day so far. Today is the first day I haven't had to come home and collapse in a heap on the bed! I am pretty sore though, and have ice on my shoulder right now. I guess it is helpful to have different therapists instead of the same one every time. They all have just a wee bit different technique. It seems my range of motion is pretty good so far for only having 4 sessions. I see the Dr. tomorrow and I think he will agree.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I hope the PT helps you feel better faster. I've never had any PT (knock wood!) but I think having different people would be a good thing. Each person does things a little differently and that way you don't just work some areas but all of them.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete