Monday, May 23, 2011

My Pal Pyewacket

This is Pyewacket. He lives next door, but he likes to hang out over here. Last night I opened the curtain to go out back and he was snoozing on the patio table. He lazily looked at me for a few moments, then put his head down and went back to sleep. I closed the door to take this photo through the glass, so he wouldn't take off too soon.



Sometimes he likes to lay or sit in the bed of chives,as he did a few days ago.


I am allergic to cats, which is why I don't have one of my own. So when he comes over for a visit, especially if he comes in the house, I have to take a Benadryl. I usually go outside and sit on the porch with him, because a few times he has run in, and directly upstairs. Then I have a hard time coaxing him down and back OUTSIDE. I used to think it was a good idea to have him around, to keep the squirrels off the birdfeeder. Well, the squirrels seem to be running rampant, and the other day I saw one really huge one jump down from the fence and chase Pyewacket across the yard! This morning I looked out and saw 5 squirrels in the one oak tree. I don't mind one or two...but when they all jump on the roof and run across it together it sounds like they are in the attic. Must investigate this recent squirrel population explosion in the neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. We've been noticing the same in our backyard & just generally around town. A million acorns must have fallen from the live oaks around us & with those acorns come the squirrels. Where are their natural predators?

    ReplyDelete