Monday, February 28, 2011

The Mailbox is a Museum

I had that saying on a rubberstamp, back in the days when I sent a lot of mail art. I lost touch with a lot of my mail art pals. Seems when you stop participating in swaps, and you don't send a lot, the stream dries up. I also had a rubber stamp that said "Senders Receive" So if I want more Mail Art, I'd best start sending more, right?

Well, I signed up for a drawing on Janet's blog, and my number was picked. She sent me this lovely Asian style postcard. There's a lot of texture on this card that doesn't show up in the photo. Thanks Janet.


This reminds me of how much I like Asian style, and makes me want to go searching for yet another thing in my room of hidden treasures. I have a lot of Asian papers and rubber stamps. No surprise there, right...as I have a LOT/too much, of everything.
However, on this last day of February, I can say...I haven't been to JoAnn's or Michael's at all. With the exception of that stack of magazines I bought at Borders, I haven't purchased any art/craft supplies. Yay!

5 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card. You know some mail art is a good idea. How would one start a group like that? Perhaps I'll post about it and try to get one started. Since I just started painting with acrylics I could start doing post card sized ones and mail them out. Can you send me an email with your address and I'll send you one in the mail? I think I may even have some post card stock in my stack of paper card stock in the closet. I think I had your address at one point, but I accidentally deleted all me emails so now I have no ones addresses cause it wasn't backed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! White rabbit back atcha. I will e-mail you later w/my address, etc. re Mail art stuff. In the meantime, just google mail art...you will be dazed and amazed at all that comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it arrived....I haven't been online much in the past few days so I'm late getting here. I think everyone loves getting something fun in the mail. There's too much junk mail and bills and other stuff and not enough of the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not going to believe this and you are going to think I am a ditz, but I could have sworn you emailed me and I can't find the email in my inbox. can you go into your sent file and send it again, I apologize profusely, ever so profusely.

    ReplyDelete